- 8 main compression task: compress 4 different test data sets, with 3 speed brackets for each test. Participants may compete in one or more categories.
- Student category: optimize a search string algorithm.
What is GDCC
The competition is for software engineers, researchers, students and enthusiasts in the field of lossless data compression. The contest includes several main categories open to anyone who meets the general requirements, as well as a special category for students. We test compressors under the following tasks and categories:
Open to all, industry challenges for leading experts (Task 1 & 2)
In a single category
Open to students, proof of student status required (Task 3 & 4)
In a single category
Open to all, close to business value scenarios (Task 5, 6, 7 & 8)
In 3 categories
• 5,000 EUR, 3,000 EUR, and 1,000 EUR awards for first, second, and third places, respectively, in all 12 main categories and the student category. Each category has its own prizes.
• 500 EUR award each for places 4–13 in the student category.
• 20,000 EUR grand prize for the winner in block-test rapid category who meets certain conditions.
• 5,000 EUR “gap” prize in all 12 main categories when the first-place competitor wins by a sufficiently large margin over the second-place competitor.
• Submit compressors beginning May 01, 2023 to join the leaderboards.
• Compressor submissions must be executable files working on a provided virtual machine.
• Leaderboards updated every 2 days (at least).
• Deadline for new and updated submissions is September 30, 2023.
• Results to be announced by October 30, 2023.
• Prizes awarded in accordance with the final leaderboards.
- In all tests, the data we use for scoring is private.
- We provide sample data, or training data, that is of the same nature and similar to, yet different from, the private test set.
- We accept binary submissions; source codes are unnecessary unless required by library or software-block licenses on which the submitted compressor is based.
Submit compressors beginning
May, 2023 to join the leaderboards.
May - September
We will be publishing intermediate results at least every 2 days.
Deadline for new and updated submissions is September 30th, 23:59 (CEST), 2023
Final results to be announced by October 30th, 2023.
Prizes are given according to the final leaderboards.
The 3rd Edition of GDCC is brought to you by
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
DATA STORAGE Product Line
Please fill the form below
We will register you and provide links to the sample data